We design, develop, and manufacture accurate anatomy for surgical and interventional training, research, device development, sales and marketing.
Working in close collaboration with medical device companies and teaching hospitals in over fifty countries, the chamberlain group meets procedural training objectives with clean, smart solutions that illuminate, educate, and differentiate.
Call +1.413.528.7744 to Discuss Your Project
- Custom integrated design, prototyping, and manufacturing all controllably done in-house.
- Physical & computer generated models built directly from patient CT & MRI
- Our proprietary polymer formulations look, feel and respond like living tissue — and can be standardized.
- A greater acceptance of mimetic tissue as a result of better tissues being produced.
- Product line spans all levels: Simple suturing to complex procedural instruction, starting with medical school & residency and continuing for the practitioner’s entire career.
Points of Distinction
- We are pioneers in proprietary processes and advances in mimetic tissue
- We work with clinicians and educators as clients and lead directors for projects.
- We focus on the issues surgeons and interventionalists need to gain competency for successful procedures.
- Our trainers allow clinicians to gain confidence and expertise from repeatable clinical experiences.
- We recreate the precise tissue-to-technology experience enabling the instrumentation to function appropriately in a safe, repeatable environment.
- Our product experiences can be produced in high volume following the successful completion of prototype phase.
- We manufacture in-house for efficiency and quality control
from small quantities to large production runs.
- We have proven utility in the field since 1999
discussion ⋅ We review your objectives and probe for the nuances that make your procedure unique, establishing a foundation for our design development.
research ⋅ An immersive learning process that takes us to the OR, the lab, the internet, or wherever necessary to gain a complete understanding of the anatomy, mechanical interface, and procedure subtleties.
design ⋅ Our research and your goals coalesce in a CAD design that becomes the blueprint for the prototype.
development ⋅ We refine materials, replicate anatomy, solve the technical challenges, and provide the prototype for your evaluation.
production ⋅ Manufacturing. In-house. In the US. No surprises. On schedule and on budget.
Realistic Mimetic Anatomy for Deliberate Practice of MICS CABG and MIS Mitral Valve Procedures
- Intercostal or Sub-Xiphoid Approach
- Thoracoscopic IMA Takedown
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Mitral Valve Repair or Replacement
MICS Thorax Trainer anatomy was developed from patient CT data and is the most immersive
simulation trainer available for MICS mitral valve and CABG procedures.
Replaceable chest walls contain flexible ribs (4–8), with appropriate intercostal spaces, embedded in
mimetic tissue. Chest walls support incision, device placement, and the use of MICS rib spreaders. Hearts
tether magnetically to diaphragm and collapsed lungs to maintain appropriate anatomical relationships
within the thoracic cavity. The trainer base accommodates multi-angle positioning.
MICS Mitral CABG Hearts and Beating Hearts
Present an immersive solution with appropriate pathologies for mitral valve repair, annular ring
placement, and anastomosis. They feature Replaceable: Left Atria, CABG sites, and Pericardia to
allow repeatable trainings with fresh anatomy and years of use with a single heart.
See brochure for more details.
The Chamberlain Group’s Trauma Thoracotomy simulator was deployed for a live demonstration of resuscitative thoracotomy at the Essentials of Emergency Medicine / EMCrit conference January 31, 2018 in New York City.
Dr. Chris Hicks, an emergency physician specialist and faculty speaker, performed the live procedural demonstration. The conference was organized and hosted by Dr. Scott Weingart an emergency physician and critical care specialist who is also the host of the very popular EMCrit podcast.
The entire conference was live streamed as well as being available On Demand for digital subscribers.
“Essentials of EMCrit will bring together several of the world’s experts in the field of resuscitation, including top clinicians at the cutting edge of translating research into clinical practice. The best of the best, together for one day that will teach, inspire, and change the way you think about resuscitation and critical care.”
Developed in collaboration with Dr. Marc de Moya and Mass General Hospital, our TraumaThoracotomy Trainer provides an immersive training environment for residents to develop crisis response skills without compromising patient safety. Learn More
Our Trainer for Low Frequency/High Stakes Trauma Surgery was Developed in Collaboration with Dr. Marc de Moya Mass General Hospital. Delve into immersive clinical simulation training that engages the student’s limbic system with this high fidelity platform for teaching resuscitative thoracotomy.