AST with Original Organs
A highly detailed abdominal trainer with great versatility. Designed as a workhorse for general surgery applications, the Abdominal Surgery Trainer (AST) presents staple-compatible organs and tack-compatible skins for both laparoscopic and open procedures.
Since the trainer organs and skins may be replaced individually, the user can concentrate on a particular procedure, or multiple procedures, in the upper or lower abdomen and replace only what is used. Oral and anal access permit device introduction via the mouth and esophagus or the rectum. The landscape of the retroperitoneal organs provides anatomical reference and fully-dimensional surrounding organs include the liver, gall bladder, spleen, anterior bony pelvis, urinary bladder, ureters, and pelvic floor muscles.
The trainer is designed to accommodate the following procedures:
- Open and Laparoscopic Hemicolectomies
- Open and Laparoscopic Lower Anterior Resection
- Gastric Banding
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Open and Laparoscopic Roux–en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Open and Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair
- Trainer base with permanent organs, muscles, pelvis
- AST Head and Esophagus (#2146)
- AST Original Stomach (#2118)
- AST Duodenum (#2144)
- AST Original Small Bowel (#2119)
- AST Original Colon (#2120)
- AST Laparoscopic Cover (#2136)
- Advanced Laparoscopic/Hernia Skin (#2140) for hernia training
- AST Open Surgery Cover (#2145)
An optional Open Hernia Skin (#2139) for use on Open Surgery Cover is sold separately.