Our versatile general surgery trainer, reconfigured in a more compact size, for use with laparoscopy and robotic systems, and for open procedures. Replaceable, suture- and staple-compatible gastrointestinal organs include: Stomach, Small Bowel with Rooted Mesentery, Colon and Mesocolon. Practice a variety of procedures or concentrate on a single procedure and avoid the expense and inconvenience of biological tissue. This portable workhorse permits years of use with a single trainer — the lifelike organs and skins may be replaced as needed.
Accommodates the following procedures:
- Open and Laparoscopic Hemicolectomies
- Open and Laparoscopic Lower Anterior Resection
- Open and Laparoscopic Appendectomy
- Gastric Banding
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Open and Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Open and Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair
The Compact Abdominal Surgery Trainer represents a male patient below 50th percentile.* Trainer offers life-like mimetic tissue, patent digestive tract, oral or rectal access, interchangeable covers, and replaceable organs and skins. Surrounding anatomy included for anatomical reference: liver, gall bladder, spleen, anterior pelvic bone, urinary bladder, prostate, ureters, and pelvic floor muscles.
*Also available with female pelvic anatomy (female patient of 50th percentile).
- Trainer base with permanent organs, muscles, and pelvis
- Stomach (#2223)
- Duodenum (#2144)
- Small Bowel with Rooted Mesentery (#2224)
- Colon with Mesocolon (#2225)
- Compact AST Laparoscopic Cover (#2226)
- Compact AST Advanced Laparoscopic/Hernia Skin (#2227)