NEW for 2017
Delve into immersive clinical simulation training that engages the student’s limbic system with our high fidelity platform for teaching resuscitative thoracotomy. Developed in collaboration with Dr. Marc de Moya Mass General Hospital, Trauma Thoracotomy provides an immersive training environment for residents to develop crisis response skills without compromising patient safety.
Provide training in low frequency/high stakes trauma surgery
- Open chest tube insertion (bilateral)
- Percutaneous chest tube insertion (bilateral)
- Left anteriolateral thoracotomy (ED thoracotomy)
- Pericardiotomy followed by open cardiac massage
- Cardiac laceration repair of right ventricle with active bleed & realistic cardiac movement
- Aortic cross-clamping of descending thoracic aorta
- Cross-clamping of pulmonary hilum
- Team training in crisis resource management trauma or thoracic surgery scenarios
Trauma Thoracotomy Trainer simulates a patient with an indication for a resuscitative thoracotomy. It features a realistic beating heart with a bleeding right ventricular wound and adjustable heart rate. Suturable wound site is designed for repeated use. Replaceable pericardium with anchored pleura is capable of simulating hemopericardium. Mimetic-tissue chest walls with embedded ribs allow incision and retraction. The Trainer provides a high degree of realism and the critical landmarks necessary for open cardiac massage, repair of cardiac injury, cross-clamping of aorta, and pulmonary hilar control.
- Thorax with permanent superior and inferior Chest Wall panels, Diaphragm, Spine, Sternum, movable Arms, and Effluence Tray
- Pair of Replaceable Chest Walls (#1476) & (#1442)
- Pair of Pliable Lungs (#1395) & (#1394)
- Beating Heart with Wound (#1477)*
- Replaceable Wound Site with Bleed Line (#1478)
- Replaceable Pericardium with Pleura (#1443)
- Aortic Extension (#1479)
- Blood Kit for Trauma Thoracotomy (#32013): 1L Bag, 8′ [2.5m] Line, Adaptors, and Simulated Blood Concentrate
- Beating Heart Controller (#1464)
- 10′ [3m] Velcro Straps
- Trainer Shipping Case
By Karen Weintraub, November 9, 2015.