Advanced AST with Advanced Organs
Highly detailed abdomen with great versatility and vascularized organs. Designed as a yet-more-realistic workhorse for general surgery applications, the Advanced Abdominal Surgery Trainer presents staple-compatible organs and tack-compatible skins for both laparoscopic and open procedures. Similar to our AST with Original Organs (#2117), the Advanced AST organs are more anatomically shaped and have raised mesenteric structures.*
The landscape of the retroperitoneal organs provides anatomical reference. Fully-dimensional surrounding organs include the liver, gall bladder, spleen, anterior bony pelvis, urinary bladder, ureters, and pelvic floor muscles.
Since the trainer organs and skins may be replaced individually, the user can concentrate on a particular procedure or multiple procedures, in the upper or lower abdomen, and replace only what is used. Oral and anal access are possible for device introduction through the mouth and esophagus and the rectum.
The Advanced Abdominal Surgery Trainer is designed to accommodate the following procedures:
- Open and Laparoscopic Hemicolectomies
- Open and Laparoscopic Lower Anterior Resection
- Gastric Banding
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Open and Laparoscopic Roux–en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Open and Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia Repair
- Trainer base with permanent organs, muscles, pelvis
- AST Head and Esophagus (#2146)
- Advanced AST Stomach (#2143)
- Advanced AST Small Bowel with Rooted Mesentery (#2141)
- Duodenum (#2144)
- Advanced AST Colon with Mesocolon (#2142)
- AST Laparoscopic Cover (#2136)
- Advanced Laparoscopic/Hernia Skin (#2140) for hernia training
- AST Open Surgery Cover (#2145)
An optional Open Hernia Skin (#2139) is available for use on Open Surgery Cover.
*Small Bowel (#2141) and Colon (#2141) are available with weeping vasculature (selective bleeding mesenteric vessels) at additional cost.
The Advanced AST is also compatible with our line of Original AST organs.