View Brochure Designed for refining thoracoscopic skills, the VATS Trainer with Mimetic Lung is a right hemi-thorax with incisable skin/muscle layer and spreadable ribs. The replaceable lung, derived from patient CT data, includes blunt-dissectible parenchyma and a main bronchus, vein and artery in each of the three lobes for individual dissection and ligation.
- Rigid hemi-thorax providing a shoulder landmark and access to the skin of the right thorax
- Incisable skin/muscle layer (#8007) through which the ribs may be palpated for port placement
- Hemi-ribcage with spreadable ribs derived from patient CT dataset
- Two mimetic lungs with staple-compatible artery, vein and bronchus for each of the three lobes. The lung parenchyma may be blunt-dissected to reveal these structures. Vessels are fluid-filled and ooze blood if improperly handled. Available in Full (#8006) or Collapsed (#8011) versions.
- Trainer base with diaphragm, spine, and fluid drain
- Effluence tray