Cardiothoracic surgical simulator for training strategies associated with surgical revascularization of coronary artery diseases. Developed in collaboration with Prof. Dr. Piergiorgio Tozzi, Cardiac Surgeon, University Hospital Lausanne, CHUV. Working with Dr. Tozzi, and building on our 20+ years of experience, this advanced, mimetic tissue CT anatomy training model was specifically tailored to his course requirements.
The High Fidelity CT Surgical Trainer provides a complete anatomical platform for training and hands-on practice of surgical techniques in arrested heart CABG cases from skin-to-skin. Trainer allows creation of a sternotomy by trainees, including identifying landmarks by feel, incision of skin, cutting the sternum, and wiring it closed. Replaceable High Fidelity RIMAs and LIMAs attach to underside of sternal bib to allow practice of thorascopic take-down, dissection, and graft harvesting. Replaceable Epicardial Sleeve (#1580) covering the surface of the heart may be incised to expose target coronary arteries for CABG.
Our patented Beating Heart technology has the feel and movement of a live human heart, accurately simulates systole/diastole, and allows control of heart rate. These hearts are animated by the combined action of our Beating Heart Controller (#1464) and a regulated source of compressed air. (“Wall air” may be used in lieu of a compressor if air pressure is regulated.) Its modular chambers and aorta are replaceable and easily exchanged for deliberate practice without the use of animal tissue. Cannulatable, suturable, and replaceable Right Atrium (#1524) and Aorta (#1523) accept pressurized fluid flow. The Aorta is configured to allow cross-clamping.
Provide Students with Deliberate Practice In
- Skin Incision and Sternotomy
- Review of Coronary Arteries Anatomy
- Exposure of Target Coronaries
- Distal Anastomosis Techniques: Parachute, End-to-Side, Side-to-Side, Sequential Graft, and Y Graft
- On Pump CABGs
- Thorascopic Takedown and Grafting: LIMA and RIMA Harvesting
- Full CPB*, Cannulae placement, Aortic Cross Clamp, and Cardioplegia
- Bypass on RCA, Obtuse Marginal, and LAD
- Proximal Anastomosis
- Hemostasis Check and Placement Strategies for Extra Stitches
- Weaning the CPB
*ECMO, HLM, and similar CPB systems are not sold by The Chamberlain Group.
- Thorax with Removable Pericardium (#1505)
- Retractable [Re] Sternotomy (#1528)
- High Fidelity LIMA (#1525) and RIMA (#1526)
- High Fidelity Training Beating Heart (#1528) featuring replaceable:
☐ High Fidelity Native Coronaries, 3mm (#1540)
☐ Epicardial Sleeves (#1580)
☐ High Fidelity Aorta (#1523)
☐ High Fidelity Right Atrium (#1524)
- Beating Heart Controller (#1464)
- Enclosed Compressor (#1472 or #1503)**
- Lubricant (#57)
**Please specify mains or line voltage and destination country when placing your order.
This versatile anatomical platform also supports many of our popular valve repair trainers.